Followers

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

ALTERED ART CHALLENGE

Last night I got motivated to complete a challenge going on over at Scraps of Color.  I kept seeing these wonderful projects that some of the other ladies were making and I felt somewhat lost.  The challenge is set up for a different alterable item each month for this year.  This month we were to alter a soap box (Dove bar soap or similar).  I got my thinking hat on last nite and came up with a goodie bag for Valentines Day for my mother.  I did not stop there, I decided I needed to make her a card also so it would be a set.  I love the paper I chose.  It is from Echo Park called Love Story by Lori Whitlock.  The lace border is a Martha Stewart punch and the Branch is a die by Memory Box..  The beautiful pink flower on the box was a RAK (gift) from Maria Na from Portugal.  She made these by hand and was kind enough to bless me with some. The image is by Anji.   I hope ya'll enjoy my project as much as I enjoyed making it. Peace out.

13 comments:

  1. This is stunning! Thanks for the inspiration to try it myself...Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it and I'm sure your mom will too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh...super cute...love the handle! Stealing that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You stepped on that...I love it. Only you would think of that. Neomia

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! I know She'll LOVE it!!! Love that paper, too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you really enjoyed making this......and you made a card too! What can I say? Your creative juices were really flowing. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a nice job on both of these. Your mom is going to love both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous set! The paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous, love the colors & how you added a handle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job Miss MJ. The perfect little gift.

    ReplyDelete